If the weather conditions are wet or very cold this will affect the paint finish or its ability to dry. Damp surfaces, wet unseasoned timber or wet newly plastered or washed walls, must be provided an appropriate drying out time. If you were to apply a surface covering or coating the following results may occcur:
- peeling ( due to lack of adhesion )
Cold or Wet Weather Conditions
Cold conditions ( below 5 degrees Celsius, 41 degree Fahrenheit ) or wet weather can result in the following:
- washing off of water based paints.
- rain, pitting of alkyd finishes.
- blooming of alkyd finishes ( i.e. loss of gloss and a cloudy surface ).
- failure of water based paints to set ( due to lack of adhesion ).
Please note, all photos and text are used for training and educational purposes only.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.